When high temperatures are required exceeding 200 degrees Celsius on Boeing commercial aircraft, BMS 13-60 is a logical choice. With a maximum operating potential of 600 Vrms, this specification establishes the construction and performance requirements for different types of arc-resistant wire and cable that covers four categories: 6 mil, 8 mil, 10 mil and 19 mil nominal insulation thickness and is similar to the MIL-W-22759/80 and SAE-AS22759/80 constructions. The temperature rating for each type is determined on the conductor or shield coating:
(1) 260 C rated wire has a nickel coated copper conductor
(2) 260 C rated cable has a nickel coated copper conductor and nickel coated shield
(3) 175 C rated wire has an aluminum conductor
(4) 150 C rated wire has a tin coated copper conductor
(5) 150 C rated cable has a tin coated shield.
Click here for WireMasters BMS 13-60 Products
The construction of the wire is determined by the wire or cable type, class, and gauge size. With fifty-six types and ten classes, the specifications cover sizes 26 AWG through 4/0 AWG. When completed, all cable types are to use white PTFE tape for the outer wrap of the cable jacket unless a different color is specified.